Thursday, April 17, 2008

April 17th - one week to go.....

Well, the clock is ticking away. There are a few more details to manage then I'm off to Vietnam for 6 months. I fly out of JFK in New York on April 24th and will arrive in HoChiMinh city about 15 hours later. I spent the last few weeks with friends in San Diego, Palm Springs and South Lake Tahoe - everyone has been terrific! Very supportive of my trip and my goal to raise money for the kids at the orphanages. Thanks to all of you, I surpassed my $1000 fund raising goal!! As of today, I have raised $1290! I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart! As I said before, this money will go a long way in Danang to help the kids and their families. I'll keep you posted as to what the money is used for and send lots of photos.

I've experimented with Yahoo Voice and it seems to work well. If you have a Yahoo Messenger or MSN account, I can call your computer from a computer in Vietnam for free! Keep in touch via e-mail at: jflynnis@yahoo.com.

No comments: