Tuesday, October 16, 2007

D.C. and Delaware

Friday, October 12, 2007

Long day in D.C. walking and touring. I saw most of the memorials, including WWI, WWI, Korea, Vietnam, Lincoln and the Women’s Memorial. (My name is in the history books of that one!) I also made it to Arlington National Cemetery. I had no idea it was that enormous – very moving – also saw the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown. Interesting history about how they choose the unknowns for each war we’ve had. I finally got back to the camper at around 8:00 PM and called it a night!

Saturday, October 13, 2007

I have a friend whom I’ve met through Met Life that lives in N.J. who happened to be in Virginia for a conference. He invited me over and since it was only 30 minutes away, I headed out for the day. I helped him staff the Met Life booth and met some local gals who took me out on the town back in D.C. later that night. After 2:30 am when the bar was still open – we decided to leave – I haven’t been up that late since partying with Jay! (oops that was only about 10 days ago!) Anyway, the gay bars in DC are popular and Saturday seems to be the night to go out so I was lucky to see a crowd and listen to some good music.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

My Met Life buddy Paul offered his beach condo in Delaware for a few days and I took him up on it. It’s awesome – 3 bedroom condo less than one mile to the beach and all to myself! Rehoboth Beach is a quaint area with a gay vibe, gay street and even a gay community center. Great place to hang out for a few days. With the weather still at 72, running along the boardwalk, riding my bike and laying at the beach have become my new routine. Paul might just have to evict me! I caught a drag show in the evening at The Purple Parrot (don’t ask…) and the following night went back to the same spot for Monday Night football!

Monday, October 15, 2007

After my first hour-long run in a while, I headed for the beach for a walk along the cool ocean. Not as warm as N.C. but still warmer than San Diego I think. I got the tire on my bike fixed and rode around the town for a few miles in the afternoon. (after my post run nap!) The town is a bit quite due to it being off season but most of the shops and restaurants are still open and eager to see people stroll in.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Today was a day to watch Ellen on TV and head to beach! I was at the beach by 10:30 and laid out for about 4 hours before testing Luigi’s grinder shop with an Italian Sub. (He passed!) It’s cooler today than yesterday but still comfy. I’m at the GL Community Center using their wifi to catch up. Tomorrow I’ll head to Philly to catch up with Toni and Jack. More later!

No comments: