Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mon - Wed 9/26

Monday, September 24, 2007

Went for a 2 hour bike ride yesterday around the lake. It was great – the dark clouds were a bit threatening but the rain held off until today! Today we had a good rain and hale storm – it was pounding on the roof top for a while. Once it subsided, I went to the movies and to run errands with Kim, Jay’s roommate. We saw The Bourne Supremacy. Great flick! We also did a little wine tasting – there was a wine bar just outside the movie theater – how convenient! Watched a little Monday night football – not a very good game though.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Kim, Whitney and I went horseback riding! Wahoo. I’ve wanted to go for a very long time and just about an hour in to the Rockies is a horse stable that Kim had been to before. We took a 3 hour trail ride that was amazing – the Aspens were bright yellow and occasionally we saw a reddish orange tree which was set off beautifully by the sunlight. The ride was great – my horse liked to trot up and down the hills but I was told to only let him trot on the up hill and flats. Otherwise he and I might tumble on the down hill and I’d get propelled over the top of him. (We slowed down after imagining that scene!)
After riding, we had a bite, dropped Whitney off and saw her dad’s domestic bobcat that he keeps in his downtown condo. Looked an awful lot like a house cat to me but I’m told it’s really a bobcat. It did have a bobbed tail and felt very muscular. He was also eating a mix of cat food and rabbit so what does that tell ya?

Later, Jay, Painter and I went out for dinner. We had some great Mexican food. My first since leaving San Diego I think! These guys know how to eat for sure. I’m hoping that my little exercise here and there is keeping me in shape, despite the food intake lately!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I drove to Ft. Collins, CO today to volunteer at the Habitat for Humanity house being built. Unfortunately, the hour drive and fender bender along the way were for naught. The days work was canceled and I neglected to check e-mail yesterday. I’ll hang here for today and volunteer tomorrow. If it goes well, I’ll stay through Friday too. As for the fender bender, go figure. I can drive 3000 miles and not get in to trouble or get lost, then on a day I choose to volunteer, I not only ram in to someone on the highway, I have bad directions for the job site and wind up 10 miles down the road. Then as I said, the job was canceled for the day. What’s up with that??

So, hopefully the fender bender won’t turn out to be too much trouble. I bent the guy’s bumper on his truck. His girlfriend’s truck actually. Someone in front of this guy made a quick turn to the breakdown lane, the guy slowed down and stopped and I tried. Didn’t work out in my favor though. My RV seems to be fine. No damage other than a bent license plate. More on this later I’m sure.

1 comment:

Jim Hammond said...

You look gooood on that bike
Jesus girl!, You climbed the Grand Canyon? You can't do that your a girl, lov ya jim