Sunday, September 30, 2007

Weekends Are Made to Party!

Well in the old days, weekends were made to Party - lately I've been on my best behavior therefore it was time to let loose and I had just the party partner! Jay was finally finished with his exams and we went out on the town in Denver Saturday night. We tested a couple of breweries - there is an endless supply of local beers here and so far they've all been terrific. We met a few friends at Sing Sing - a dualing piano bar - and then found two of 'my kind' of bars! (Girls of course!) After drinking, dancing and meeting new friends, we closed the last bar at 2:00 am. I don't think I've been up that long in years..... Anyway, fortunately for us, there was a taco shop next to the last bar and we enjoyed some late night beef tacos that looked like they were made from the street vendors in T.J. They were delicious! We made it home by about 2:30 and I headed for bed. I was up at 6:30 to watch the final Women's World Cup soccer match with Brazil and Germany. (I wasn't able to make it up at 4:30 for the 3rd place game where the U.S. beat Norway but fortunately, I caught the replay on Sunday night!)

Sunday was spent watching football back in downtown Denver. Avalanche beer is sold by the pitcher - probably not a good idea - but we ordered them anyway. Bret Favre is now the T.D. passing leader with 422 touchdowns, the Chargers dropped to 1 and 3 and the Broncos (affectionately known here as The Donkeys) lost too. The highlight was the Rockies winning in baseball today. They now have to play the Padres in a tie breaker to see who gets in to the playoffs! Early to bed tonight since I'm a few hours in the hole.

No comments: